There isn't any images, Please upload via modules management in admin section
Selkirk Avenue Pavement Reconstruction and Streetscaping
Location: Winnipeg, MB.
Client: City of Winnipeg – Public Works, Water & Waste
Completed: Fall 2016
The work covered the;
- Placement of sub-base and course materials
- Remove and replace existing pavement
- Installation of curb and gutter inlets, catchbasins, catch pits and connectin pipe
- Placemnet of paving stones
- Installation of amenities (bike racks, concrete planters, hanging baskets)
- Boulevard restoration
- Plaza Upgrade
Key Challenges and Solutions
The major challenges of this project were;
- The replacement of street pavement and sidewalks in a two phased approach, all the while ensuring safety for pedestrians and access to existing buildings along the Selkirk Avenue.
- Utility coordination which included new street lighting and decorative light poles.
- Gas line service relocations and parallel gas main protection.
- Traffic Signal and infrastructure relocations.
- Powers Plaza Pedestrian movements.
The solutions to the above problems;
- Our scope of work allowed us to revitalize and rejuvenate a major avenue within the Northend of the City
- A phased approach that planned for the use of pedestrian walkways to provide minimal disruption to businesses and residents
- Working closely and cooperatively with Manitoba Hydro and City of Winnipeg Signals Branch